Career Guidance and Vocational Testing services are available at the Center for Psychological Services. They are specifically designed for the following individuals:
- High school students considering college majors or career opportunities
- College students preparing to enter the work force
- People in career transition, and the recently unemployed.
We also offer specialized career guidance and programs for those with learning disabilities.
Focused interviewing and standardized testing with a vocational psychologist will allow our clients to have a greater awareness of their aptitudes, vocational interests and preferences, and interpersonal dynamics, as they may impact upon job performance and career satisfaction.
Individuals completing a career guidance program will become more informed and directed in their choice of a career. Our clients will be provided with these tools to help them achieve their objectives.
- A career “action plan”
- Awareness of effective job search and “networking” techniques
- Preparation for job interviews
- Printed self-help materials, internet links, and references for information on career and job search
- Recommendations for appropriate training, educational and self-help options to facilitate career growth
- Resume and cover letters as effective marketing tools
- Ongoing counseling and coaching
Peter Kolson, Psy.D., a clinical psychologist, is the coordinator of career services. He has more than 25 years experience in vocational and personnel assessment, career counseling and coaching, and consultation to businesses.
Should you have any questions concerning our career services, please call Dr. Kolson at 610-642-4873 ext. 26.